Spanish 21 General Rules
- The lay out for “Spanish” is very similar to a blackjack layout. The only differences are the felt identifies the game as “Spanish 21 “, the bonus 21 payouts are printed on the felt and the “Match the Dealer” up and down bets are found on the felt. Rule signs posting the “Spanish 21” rules will be on every table designated for “Spanish 21 “.
- The game will be played with 2 to 8 “Spanish decks”. It is dealt from a standard multi deck shoe, using 2-8 decks. All 10’s and jokers are removed. A Spanish deck consist of 48 cards; 2’s-9’s, J’s ,Q’s ,K’s, and A’s, of each of the four suits.
- Players can double, double down on any number of cards with any total.
- Players blackjack always beats dealer blackjack and is paid 3:2. Player total of 21 always beats dealer total 21. Certain specified player 21 totals will receive a bonus payout.(Schedule of Bonus 21 payouts listed below).
- Dealer checks under all Aces and Face Cards for Blackjack, only after this has been complete is surrender allowed. Surrender is allowed on the first 2 cards only. Surrender allows the player to forfeit ½ of their wager and voids the hand. Players may not surrender when the dealer has a blackjack.
- The dealer must hit soft 17.
- The Super Bonus payout requires no special side bet. When a player’s first 3 cards are all suited 7’s and the dealer’s up card is any 7, that player wins the Super Bonus. If the player bets $5-$24 the payout will be $1000.00, if the player bets$25 or more the Super Bonus payout will be $5000. All other betting players will receive a $50 , ” envy bonus”.
- Bonuses are not paid on doubled hands. Player with the following hands totaling21, who have not double down are paid a bonus 21 payout as follow:
a) 5 card 21 pays 3 to 2
b) 6 card 21 pays 2 to 1
c) 7-card 21 pays 3 to 1
d) 6-7-8 mixed suits pays 3 to 2
e) 6-7-8 same suits pays 2 to 1
f) 6-7-8 all spades pays 3 to 1
g) 7-7-7 mixed suits pays 3 to 2
h) 7-7-7 same suits pays 2 to 1
- Players can make an optional “match the dealer up and down bet” in addition to the regular bet. Player is required to bet the fist match bet before being able to play second match bet. A player is betting that either of their first two cards will numerically match the dealers up card or down card. If both of the players first two cards numerically match the dealers up card or down card, then the player is paid on both card matches.
NON-SUITED MATCH PAYS 3 TO 1
SUITED MATCH PAYS 13 TO 1